The Nanotechnology Laboratory Network started its work in 2004 with the aim of creating a proper ground for presenting laboratory services to the university and industrial researchers and optimum use of Iran s laboratory potentials. Since then, about 42 laboratory complexes (from more than 120 applicant centers) were accepted as the definite members of the network and now a number of important laboratory complexes from the governmental and private sectors in 11 provinces and 12 important cities of Iran are under the supervision of the network.
1. Providing services by the network to the researchers and industries by informing through the network s website ( At present, the information related to more than 700 member and non-member centers of the network and also the characteristics of more than 500 laboratory equipment are available for the experts via the network s website);
2. Periodical evaluation and ranking of member laboratories and providing support for them;
3. Supporting the performance of training workshops.
4. Supporting the repair, upgrade and manufacture of laboratory equipment;
5. Supporting the member centers to gain ISO/IEC17025 standard;
6. Presenting council services to the laboratory centers for the optimum purchase and keeping of equipment;
7. Publication of the information on the capabilities, plans, equipment and facilities of the laboratories in the network s website;