7th International Symposium on Nanotechnology, Occupational and Environmental Health
Start Date :
Termination date :
Legend Safari Lodge, Waterberg Region Limpopo Province
The Symposium welcomes submissions on nanotechnology
occupational and environmental health-related topics with emphasis on
the following themes:
- Nanomaterials: applications and short-term health effects
- Nanomaterials: applications and long-term health effects
- Safety concerns on the use of nanomaterials regarding their different biokinetics in the human body
- Important attributes of nanomaterials in predicting their short- and/or long-term effects
- In vitro and in vivo studies
- Hazard Identification (acute and chronic toxicity, mechanisms of toxicity)
- Mechanisms of toxicity
- Setting of OELs
- Available scientific information on mechanisms of toxicity, estimation of uncertainties, genetic and phenotype variability.
- Exposure assessment: measurement and modelling.
- Occupational health and worker protection.
- Environmental health and environmental protection.
- Altered accumulation of nanomaterials in the environment and health concerns
- Size distribution, surface area, particle number: an update on methodology and toxicology.
- Risk assessment, risk management and regulatory aspects of nanomaterials.
- Efforts by International Agencies in Occupational and Environmental Health of Nanotechnology