13th International Hydrocolloids Conference: Theme - Natural Ingredients for a Healthier World
Start Date :
Termination date :
You are invited to submit an abstract or abstracts to the 13th International
Hydrocolloids Conference (13th IHC), which will be held at the University of Guelph,
Ontario, Canada, on May 16I20th, 2016. The abstract could be submitted through
the following conference website.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is January 31, 2016. All
authors will be notified of acceptance and any oral abstracts that
cannot be accommodated in the program will be offered poster
- Natural Hydrocolloids: new properties and novel applications
- New hydrocolloids: new sources and processes, functional properties,
characterizations and potential applications
- Modification of natural hydrocolloids: methodologies, improved functionalities
and novel applications
- Industrial perspectives of natural hydrocolloids
- Proteins and dairy ingredients: new products and functions, interactions with
other food components
- Bioactive polysaccharides: isolations, characterizations, bioactivities and health
- Soluble Dietary fibre: molecular characteristics and physiological benefits (for
cholesterols, blood glucose and gut health)
- Applications of hydrocolloids in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and medicines.
- Hydrocolloids as structural materials for controlled release: NanoI emulsions and
- Applications of hydrocolloids in other industries, including petroleum oil
recovery, paper production, inks etc.
All presenters, including plenary, invited, oral and poster presentations, are
invited to submit their manuscripts for consideration to be published in a special
issue on Food Hydrocolloids (Guest Editors: S.W. Cui and H.D. Goff). Selected papers
from the conference will be invited to Bioactive Carbohydrates and Dietary Fibre for
Professor Steve W. Cui, Ph.D.
Guelph Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and AgriFFood Canada,
Professor H. Douglas Goff, Ph.D.
Department of Food Science, University of Guelph