The Education and Awareness Working group was established with the aim of providing information and public and professional training and providing a proper ground for the development of nanotechnology in the Nanotechnology Initiative Council. As regards the Council's goals and plans, the pupils, students, managers and common people are addressees.
Considering the fact that the promotion and education is a permanent need, the workgroup has provided constant plans which are introduced and carried out according to the characteristics of the addressees.
Here are a number of the activities fulfilled by the promotion and public education unit:
• Nano Club
Students' Nano Club is established for policy-making, supervision and support for the training and promotion plans at students' level. The activities of the Club in this regard include the updating and development of the Club's website (www.nanoclub.ir), holding nanotechnology training public shows and support for providing the books and educational materials.
• Providing support for holding seminars and training workshops for the teachers
• Providing support for holding seminars and professional training workshops for university students
• Providing support for student publications (including student journals and books)
• Providing direct and constant connections with the public media to teach and promote nanotechnology in the society
• Publishing of “FAnavarinano“ Monthly journal
• Publication of nanotechnology-related news on the Council's website
The Council's Persian-language website (www.nano.ir) was launched in 2001 with the aim of providing help to the development of nanotechnology and is active to promote the policies of the Nanotechnology Initiative Council. The website includes rich information banks consisting of ISI essays, Iranian students' thesis etc.
The English-language section (en.nano.ir) is also active as the international website of the Council.